Over the past five years I have worked as part of a team on the full-stack of data-heavy, map-based Django applications. My notable roles on the projects were Front End UI, Mobile App Development, and REST API Development.
ALCES Landscape & Land-use Ltd.
Full-Stack Software Engineer (Nov. 2014 - Present)
- Planned, designed, and developed 2 data-driven, mapping applications in Django, as part of a team
- Implemented RESTful APIs for interacting with a microservices architecture
Ursudio Multimedia Marketing
Software Developer (Oct. 2012 - Nov. 2014)
- Maintained sites built in WordPress, Django, and CakePHP
- Developed plugins to integrate with mapping applications
- Python - Django
- PHP - WordPress
- JSHint, CasperJS, Jest, TypeScript, Vagrant
- PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL, Cordova/Phonegap, GraphQL, RESTful APIs, Bash, YAML
A classroom-focused mapping application, complete with interactive geo-spatial database queries, a predictive model, a RESTful API, and a free mobile app. View Project
Leaflet Map WordPress Plugin
A shortcode-based WordPress plugin to create multiple Leaflet maps in posts and pages. It has companion shortcodes to add markers, geojson, and images to those maps. It is a solo project, and the first project where I used Object-Oriented Programming with PHP. View Project
Mount Saint Vincent University
Bachelor of Public Relations (Graduate of 2010)
- Courses included Audio-Visual, Web Design, Communications Theory, Marketing, and Business.